With a final round 69, France's Romain Wattel picked up his first European Tour title by one shot over Austin Connelly. Here's a look at some of the facts and figures following the 26 year old's victory.
• Wattel's first European Tour victory in his 187th European Tour event.
• Becomes the 13th first-time winner in the 2017 Race to Dubai.
• Would move to 483,348 points and inside the top 60 in the Race to Dubai.
• Moves into the top 200 of the Official World Golf Ranking, from 451st.
• Victory comes in his seventh appearance in the KLM Open, beating his previous best of fifth in 2014. Apart from this week, that was the only other time Wattel made the cut at the KLM Open.
• The third Frenchman to win the KLM Open, and the first to win since Marcel Dallemagne in 1933. The first French victory, by Auguste Boyer, was in 1932.
• The 37th French victory in European Tour history. Those 37 wins are shared between 15 players.
• The second French victory of the 2017 season, following Alex Levy’s win in the Volvo China Open.
• Extends his European Tour exemption until the end of the 2019 season.