- Nicolas Colsaerts and Paul Dunne lead the way after 18 holes.
- The last time Colsaerts led on his own was the 2015 Italian Open.
- Rory McIlroy drove the 18th green at St Andrews today, measuring around 360 yards.
- Three pairings share the lead in the team competition section of the event - Ryan Fox and Shane Warne, Aron Price and Ross Desmond, Thomas Detry and Rob Louw.
- Ben Evans made two eagles in three holes at Carnoustie's Championship Course. He's the first man to achieve that feat in three years since Stephen Gallacher, Mikko Ilonen and Tom Lewis did it.
- The 18th at Carnoustie is traditionally the toughest hole on the course, with 37% of players making bogey there. Just four men made birdie there today - Marc Warren, Anthony Wall, Alex Levy and David Drysdale.
- Each course's 17th hole proved their toughest today, with 36 bogeys at St Andrews', 42 at Kingsbarns' and 47 at Carnoustie's.
- There is just one former winner in the top 20 after 18 holes, last year's champion Tyrrell Hatton.
– eagle on 18 at St Andrews as Ernie Els made a two on the famous closing hole.
– Scoring average at St Andrews with 20% birdie or better, 16% bogey or worse
– Scoring Average at Kingsbarns with 17% birdie or better and 18% bogey or worse
– Scoring Average at Carnoustie with 17% birdie of better and 22% bogey or worse
Hardest holes to par:
+0.59 Kingsbarns 17 (one birdie, 50% bogey or worse)
+0.50 Carnoustie 17 (three birdies, 54% bogey or worse)
+0.50 Kingsbarns 15 (seven birdies, 48% bogey or worse)
Easiest holes to par:
-0.73 Carnoustie 14 (68% birdie or better, one bogey)
-0.59 Carnoustie 12 (59% birdie or better, three bogeys)
-0.54 Kingsbarns 12 (55% birdie or better, two bogeys)
-0.54 St Andrews 9 (59% birdie or better, three bogey, one double)