Key records, milestones and stats from Tyrrell Hatton's historic victory
• Becomes the first player to successfully defend the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship title
• His second European Tour win in his 104th appearance, with his first win coming at this event in 2016
• Becomes only the second player to win the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship twice, following Padraig Harrington in 2002 and 2006
• 13th player to win his first two European Tour titles in the same event
• Moves to 1,452,783 Race to Dubai points and 11th position, up from 33rd
• Moves to 22nd in the Official Golf World Rankings from 29th
• This is the seventh European Tour win by a player from England this season following Graeme Storm (BMW SA Open hosted by City of Ekurhuleni), Tommy Fleetwood (Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship and HNA Open de France), Matt Wallace (Open de Portugal at Morgado Golf Resort), Jordan Smith (Porsche European Open) and Matt Fitzpatrick (Omega European Masters).
• Makes England the country with the most wins on the Race to Dubai this season, ahead of Spain with six wins.
• The 316th European Tour win by a player from England, which is the highest number of wins by country ahead of the United States on 215.
• The 417th European Tour victory from a former Challenge Tour player.
• Second player to successfully defend a title this season after SSP Chawrasia won back-to-back Hero India Open titles.
Tyrrell Hatton Stats
• He was bogey-free for 55 holes, beating Graeme Storm's 54 at the BMW South African Open for the best total of the year
• Par 3s -2 (T3)
• Par 4s -15 (1st)
• Par 5s -7 (T8)
• 26 birdies or better (2nd to Fisher's 27)
• 2 bogeys or worse (1st)
• Driving distance: 295 (23rd)
• Fairways: 40/66% (T20)
• GIR: 61/85% (5th)
• Putts per round: 28.8 (T10)
• Putts per GIR: 1.72 (16th)
• One or fewer putts: 39% (T14)
• Three putts: 1 (T11)
• Scrambles: 10/91% (1st)