Luke Donald (Getty Images)
WITH THIS WIN
SUNDAY JULY 11, 2011 – BARCLAYS SCOTTISH OPEN
• His sixth European Tour International Schedule victory in his 98th European Tour event.
• Extends his lead at the top of The Race to Dubai. Now won €3,153,529.
• Remains World Number One in the Official World Golf Ranking.
• Claims his first victory whilst being the World Number One.
• Wins his third European Tour International Schedule victory on the 2011 season, following the World Golf Championships - Accenture Match Play Championship and the BMW PGA Championship.
• First time in his European Tour career he has recorded three victories in the same season.
• Extends his wonderful record in the Barclays Scottish Open. Was tied fifth in 2005, tied second in 2006, tied fourth in 2007 and first in 2011.
• His final round of 63 (-9) equals the lowest final round by a winner of the 2011 season, established by Ernie Els at the South African Open Championship.
• Join Neil Coles (1972), Barry Lane (1988), Carl Mason (1994) and Lee Westwood (1998) as English winners of the Barclays Scottish Open.
• Extends his wonderful record on the 2011 European Tour. In his seven events so far this season, he won the WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship, tied sixth in the WGC – Cadillac Championship, tied fourth at the Masters Tournament, second in the Volvo World Match Play Championship, won the BMW PGA Championship, tied 45th in the US Open Championship and won the Barclays Scottish Open.
• His earnings per event on the 2011 European Tour stands at €450,505 from his seven events.
• Eighth English victory of the 2011 season. They are: Paul Casey (Volvo Golf Champions), Luke Donald (WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship, BMW PGA Championship and Barclays Scottish Open), David Horsey (Trophée Hassan II), Lee Westwood (Ballantine’s Championship), Ian Poulter (Volvo World Match Play Championship) and Robert Rock (BMW Italian Open presented by CartaSi).
• The 265th English victory in European Tour history.
• His tenth win as a professional worldwide.