Did You Know - Vivendi Seve Trophy
9/13/2011 10:41:23 AM
• The 2011 Vivendi Seve Trophy will be the seventh staging of the event. Great Britain & Ireland have won the last five encounters, while Continental Europe have won just once. This was the inaugural tournament in 2000.
• GB&I have four players making their debut. They are: Jamie Donaldson, Mark Foster, David Horsey and Scott Jamieson. Continental Europe have Nicolas Colsaerts, Pablo Larrazabal, Matteo Manassero and Alexander Noren all playing for the first time.
• Miguel Angel Jiménez will be playing in his seventh consecutive Vivendi Seve Trophy. He holds the distinction of being the only player to compete in every contest.
• Manassero will become the youngest player to compete in the tournament, aged 18 years and 152 days. This beats the previous record of Sergio Garcia, who was 20 years and 96 days in 2000.
• European Tour rookie, Scott Jamieson becomes just the second first-year player to compete in the Vivendi Seve Trophy. He follows Chris Wood, who represented GB&I in 2009.