Garth Mulroy (Getty Images)
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2011 – ALFRED DUNHILL CHAMPIONSHIP
• Gains his first European Tour International Schedule victory in his 19th European Tour event.
• This victory beats his previous best European Tour performances of second in the 2011 Joburg Open and tied second in the 2008 Joburg Open.
• Becomes the 11th first-time winner of the 2011 season. The first-time winners are: Nick Watney (WGC – Cadillac Championship), Nicolas Colsaerts (Volvo China Open), Thomas Aiken (Open de España), Robert Rock (BMW Italian Open presented by CartaSi), Matthew Zions (SAINT OMER OPEN presented by Neuflize OBC), Keegan Bradley (US PGA Championship), Oliver Fisher (Czech Open), Lee Slattery (Bankia Madrid Masters),Tom Lewis (Portugal Masters), Joost Luiten (Iskandar Johor Open) and Garth Mulroy (Alfred Dunhill Championship).
• This victory is the 100th South African win in European Tour history.
• Since the event began in 2000, is eighth player to make the Alfred Dunhill Championship their first European Tour title. They are: Anthony Wall (2000), Adam Scott (20001), Justin Rose (2002), Mark Foster (2003), Marcel Siem (2004), Charl Schwartzel (2005), Alvaro Quiros (2007) and Garth Mulroy (2011).
• Becomes the fourth South African to win the Alfred Dunhill Championship, following Charl Schwartzel (2005), Ernie Els (2006) and Richard Sterne (2009).
• Becomes the 29th different South African to win on The European Tour.
• Becomes the sixth South African victory of the 2011 season. They are: Ernie Els (South African Open Championship), Louis Oosthuizen (Africa Open), Charl Schwartzel (Joburg Open and Masters Tournament), Thomas Aiken (Open de España) and Garth Mulroy (Alfred Dunhill Championship).
• Becomes the 398th different player to win on The European Tour.
• Is the first non-European Tour Member to win since Keegan Bradley at the 2011 US PGA Championship.
• Gains his largest European Tour prize of €158,500.
• Gains his fourth professional victory.