SUNDAY DECEMBER 4, 2011 – UBS HONG KONG OPEN
Rory McIlroy (Getty Images)
• His third European Tour International Schedule victory in his 99th European Tour event.
• Moves to €3,066,605 in The Race to Dubai. This is the second time in three years he has won more than €3 million in a single European Tour season. The other season was in 2009 where he won €3,610,020.
• His second European Tour title of the season, following the US Open Championship.
• The first time he has won twice in the same European Tour season.
• Becomes the eleventh multiple winner of the season. They are: Luke Donald (WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship, BMW PGA Championship and Barclays Scottish Open), Thomas Björn (Commercialbank Qatar Masters presented by Dolphin Energy, Johnnie Walker Championship at Gleneagles and Omega European Masters), Charl Schwartzel (Joburg Open and Masters Tournament), Darren Clarke (Iberdrola Open and The 140th Open Championship), Alex Noren (Saab Wales Open and Nordea Masters), Simon Dyson (Irish Open presented by Discover Ireland and KLM Open), Michael Hoey (Madeira Islands Open and Alfred Dunhill Links Championship), Sergio Garcia (Castelló Masters and Andalucía Masters), Martin Kaymer (Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship and WGC-HSBC Champions) and Rory McIlroy (US Open Championship and UBS Hong Kong Open).
• Continues his wonderful record in the UBS Hong Kong Open. He was first in 2011, sixth in 2010 and second in both 2009 editions.
• Is now 62 under par for his last 16 rounds in the UBS Hong Kong Open.
• Has now broken or equalled par in his last 16 rounds in the UBS Hong Kong Open.
• This victory comes in his fifth appearance in the UBS Hong Kong Open.OTHER FACTS
• This victory made history for Northern Ireland. It was first time the country has recorded six victories in a single European Tour season. The 2011 wins are: Darren Clarke (Iberdrola Open and The 140th Open Championship), Michael Hoey (Madeira Islands Open, Alfred Dunhill Links Championship and Rory McIlroy (US Open Championship and UBS Hong Kong Open).
• This victory made history for Northern Ireland. It would represent the first time three players have recorded multiple victories in the same season.
• The 43rd Northern Irish win in European Tour history.
• Continued his wonderful 2011 European Tour season, with his 12th top ten finish from his 18 events to date. (12 is the most of any player this season).
• He recorded nine top ten finishes on the 2010 European Tour season. From the start of last season, he has played 34 European Tour events and has been placed in the top ten 21 times.
• His fifth win as a professional worldwide.
• His third victory of 2011, following the US Open Championship and the Shanghai Masters.