SUNDAY FEBUARY 26, 2012 – WORLD GOLF CHAMPIONSHIPS – ACCENTURE MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP
Hunter Mahan (Getty Images)
• His second European Tour International Schedule victory in his 43rd European Tour event.
• His first European Tour International Schedule victory since the 2010 WGC – Bridgestone Invitational.
• Only the sixth player to win multiple WGC events. He would follow: Tiger Woods (16), Geoff Ogilvy (three) and two each for Darren Clarke, Ernie Els and Phil Mickelson.
• His second WGC victory came in his 14th WGC appearance.
• His first victory in the WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship came in his fifth appearance.
• This victory beats his previous best performance in the WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship of tied ninth in 2011.OTHER FACTS
• The sixth different American to win the WGC- Accenture Match Play Championship. He follows: Jeff Maggert (1999), Steve Stricker (2001), Kevin Sutherland (2002), Tiger Woods (2003, 04, 08) and David Toms (2005).
• Becomes the first American to win a WGC event since Nick Watney (2011 WGC – Cadillac Championship).
• The first American to win on The European Tour International Schedule since Keegan Bradley (2011 US PGA Championship).
• The 123rd American victory in European Tour history.