SATURDAY JUNE 9, 2012 – NORDEA MASTERS
Lee Westwood (Getty Images)
• His 22nd European Tour International Schedule victory in his 408th European Tour event.
• Would stay in third place in the Official World Golf Ranking.
• Moves to €1,212,162 in The Race to Dubai. This would mark the 11th time he has passed €1 million in a single season during his European Tour career. (Only Colin Montgomerie, with 12, has achieved this feat more times).
• His first European Tour victory since the 2011 Ballantine’s Championship.
• The tenth different year he has won at least one European Tour event, dating back to 1996, the year of his first victory – at the Nordea Masters.
• Continues his wonderful record in the Nordea Masters. This is his third victory in the event, following his triumphs in 1996 and 2000. (Was also tied second in 2001).
• Became only the second player after Colin Montgomerie (1991, 1999 and 2001) to win the Nordea Masters three times.
• Victory marked the first time he has won the same European Tour event three times.
• Moves into ninth place in the all-time list of most European Tour victories with 22.
• The sixth English victory in the Nordea Masters. They are: Sir Nick Faldo (1992), Peter Baker (1993), Lee Westwood (1996, 2000 and 2012) and Luke Donald (2004).OTHER FACTS
• The 12th occasion on The European Tour in 2012 that a player has led or shared the lead going into the final round and gone onto win.
• The fourth English winner on The European Tour in 2012. They are: Robert Rock (Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship), Justin Rose (WGC – Cadillac Championship), Luke Donald (BMW PGA Championship) and Lee Westwood (Nordea Masters).
• The 275th English victory in European Tour history.
• Gains a place in the 2013 Volvo Golf Champions.
• Moves to €1,486,821 in The European Ryder Cup Points Table.
• Moves to 264.22 in The Ryder Cup World Points Table.
• His 40th win as a professional worldwide.