Darren Fichardt claimed his third European Tour victory in the Saint-Omer Open presented by Neuflize OBC. Here are the key facts and figures from Aa Saint Omer Golf Club...
• Gains his third European Tour International Schedule victory in his 211th European Tour event.
• Wins his 19th professional title.
• Moves to €148,915 in The Race to Dubai.
• Wins his first European Tour event since the 2003 Qatar Masters - a gap of nine years and 123 days. He played 147 European Tour events between those victories.
• Graduated from the 2011 European Tour Qualifying School and is the second 2011 graduate to win on The European Tour in 2012, following countryman Branden Grace, who won the Joburg Open, Volvo Golf Champions and Volvo China Open.
• Is the first South African to win the Saint-Omer Open presented by Neuflize OBC.
• Becomes the first player to win the event having previously won on The European Tour.
• Becomes the 13th different winner in the 13th edition of the event.
• Maintains his 100% record of winning on The European Tour titles when leading or sharing the lead going into the final round, having done so in the 2001 Sao Paulo Brazil Open and the 2003 Qatar Masters.
• His five shot 54 hole lead matched the largest on The European Tour in 2012, established by Bernd Wiesberger (Ballantine’s Championship).
• His 54 hole lead is the largest in the history of the Saint-Omer Open presented by Neuflize OBC.
• This victory is the seventh for South Africa on The European Tour in 2012. He follows: Louis Oosthuizen (Africa Open and Maybank Malaysian Open), Branden Grace (Joburg Open, Volvo Golf Champions and Volvo China Open) and Jbe Kruger (Avantha Masters). This is the most of any country so far this season.
• Is the 108th South African victory in European Tour history.
• Becomes the 35th different Qualifying School graduate to win on The European Tour the year after graduation.
• Gains a European Tour exemption until the end of 2013.