DID YOU KNOW - NELSON MANDELA CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENTED BY ISPS HANDA
• The Nelson Mandela Championship presented by ISPS Handa is the first of six European Tour events to be played in South Africa during the 2013 season. This is the most number of events the country has staged since it first held European Tour competition in 1995. The USA is the only other country hosting six events during the upcoming Schedule.
• The Nelson Mandela Championship presented by ISPS Handa is one of four new events this season. The other three are the Tshwane Open (also in South Africa), Russian Masters and Turkish Open.
• Royal Durban is the venue for the event. This will be the first time the course has staged a European Tour event.
• Royal Durban layout sits in the middle of Greyville racecourse in Durban.
• South Africa was the most successful nation on the 2012 European Tour International Schedule, with nine wins. There were four for Branden Grace, two for Louis Oosthuizen and one each for Jbe Kruger, Darren Fichardt and Ernie Els. This is the most the country has won in a single European Tour season.
• Branden Grace will be playing in the Nelson Mandela Championship presented by ISPS Handa. He graduated from the 2011 European Tour Qualifying School. He then went onto to finish sixth in the 2012 Race to Dubai, on his way to becoming the first Qualifying School graduate to win four times the year after graduation and amass the most money of any graduate, with €2,502,501.