WINSTONgolf Senior Open 2013 confirmed

14/01/2013 15:58:00
Terry Price  (Phil Inglis)
Terry Price (Phil Inglis)
The WINSTONgolf Senior Open will return to the European Senior Tour in 2013 after making a hugely successful debut last year under the name of the Pon Senior Open.

The tournament will once again take place at the stunning WINSTONgolf in Vorbeck, near Schwerin in northern Germany from September 6-8, and will carry a €400,000 prize fund.

Last September, Australian Terry Price triumphed over the 6,822yard, par 72 WINSTONopen course, winning the first prize of €60,000 in front of large crowds. Price held off a star-studded field, which included home favourite Bernhard Langer, Barry Lane, the runner-up in the 2012 Order of Merit, and Frenchman Marc Farry.

Jenny Elshout, director of WINSTONgolf, said: “We had many positive comments and high praise last year and lots of players have committed to playing in 2013.

“We are already looking forward to the WINSTONgolf Senior Open 2013 and are sure the spectators will enjoy an excellent week.”

Andy Stubbs, Senior Tour Managing Director, said: “We are delighted to be going back to WINSTONgolf this year for what is sure to be another excellent tournament.

“Last year the inaugural edition was a resounding success thanks to the vision of Wijnand Pon, who founded the event, and everything from the course to the organisation was praised by the players.

“It was fantastic to see such large crowds watching the action and hopefully they will be back again this year to see some of the Senior Tour’s biggest names contesting another exciting tournament.”

Further information visit www.WINSTONgolf-Senior-Open.com