SUNDAY FEBURARY 3, 2013 – OMEGA DUBAI DESERT CLASSIC
Stephen Gallacher (Getty Images)
• His second European Tour International Schedule victory in his 404th European Tour event.
• Moves to sixth in The Race to Dubai with €314,269.
• Moves into the top 60 of the Official World Golf Ranking from 111th and in a very good position to qualify for the WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship for the first time.
• His first European Tour victory since the 2004 Alfred Dunhill Links Championship, a gap of eight years and 116 days.
• Played in a total of 210 European Tour events between victories.
• From those 210 events played he has been second on three occasions. The events were the 2006 British Masters, 2012 Maybank Malaysian Open and tied second in the 2012 Omega Dubai Desert Classic.
• Victory comes in his 13th appearance in the Omega Dubai Desert Classic.
• Victory beats his previous best finish in the Omega Dubai Desert Classic of tied second in 2012. (Was also tied fourth on his debut in 2000 and tied tenth in 2011).
• Only the second Scot to win the Omega Dubai Desert Classic and first since Colin Montgomerie in 1996.
• Becomes the second Scot to win on the 2013 European Tour International Schedule, following Scott Jamieson, who won the Nelson Mandela Championship presented by ISPS Handa.
• His first European Tour victory where he has led going into the final round. (Made up three shots in the final round to win the 2004 Alfred Dunhill Links Championship).
• His winning total of 266 (-22) matches the tournament record in the Omega Dubai Desert Classic, set by Thomas Björn in 2001.
• The second week in a row that the 54 hole leader had a three shot lead and went onto to win, following Chris Wood at the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters.
• The 132nd Scottish victory in European Tour history.
• The 16th different Scot to record multiple European Tour victories.
• Gains a European Tour exemption until the end of 2015 season.
• Gains an exemption into the 2013 WGC – Bridgestone Invitational, 2013 WGC – HSBC Champions and 2014 Volvo Golf Champions.
• His third victory as a professional.
• Becomes the fourth former Challenge Tour Member to win on the 2013 European Tour. He would follow: Scott Jamieson (Nelson Mandela Championship presented by ISPS Handa), Louis Oosthuizen (Volvo Golf Champions) and Jamie Donaldson (Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship).
• Becomes the 311th European Tour victory by a former European Challenge Tour player.