SUNDAY MARCH 17, 2013 – AVANTHA MASTERS
Thomas Aiken (Getty Images)
• His second European Tour International Schedule victory, after the 2011 Open de España, in his 155th event.
• Moves into the top 15 of the Race to Dubai with €377,350.
• Moves back into the top 90 in the Official World Golf Ranking from 129th.
• Sixth South African winner of the 12 events so far of the 2013 season after Charl Schwartzel (Alfred Dunhill Championship), Louis Oosthuizen (Volvo Golf Champions), Richard Sterne (Joburg Open), Darren Fichardt (Africa Open) and Dawie Van der Walt (Tshwane Open)
• Second successive South African to win the Avantha Masters title after Jbe Kruger in 2012
• Since 1972 44% of the third round leaders have gone on to win.
• Second time Aiken has won after holding the 54 hole following after the 2011 Open de España. He also held the 54 hold lead in the 2009 Alfred Dunhill Championship (finished tied fourth), 2010 Africa Open (finished second) and 2011 Omega Dubai Desert Classic (tied seventh).
• The new venue of Jaypee Greens Golf Resort and Spa produced the lowest winning score in the five editions of the Avantha Masters
• Records the lowest final 36 holes of the season of -15 (62, 67). Bjorn Åkesson shot 131 (-13) for the last 36 in the Tshwane Open.
• The 116th South African victory in European Tour history. South Africa are fifth in the all time list of victories behind England (278), Spain (166), Scotland (132) and United States (128)