Gregory Bourdy (Getty Images)
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 1, 2013 – ISPS HANDA WALES OPEN
- His fourth European Tour International Schedule victory in his 247th European Tour event.
- Moves to €751,936 in The Race to Dubai.
- Moves into the top 120 in the Official World Golf Ranking from 173rd.
- His first victory since the 2009 UBS Hong Kong Open (Nov 2009), a gap of three years and 290 days.
- In that time has played 105 European Tour events between victories.
- This victory beats his previous best performance since his 2009 victory of second in the 2011 Maybank Malaysian Open and tied second in the 2011 Wales Open.
- This victory beats his previous best 2013 performance of tied second in the Africa Open. (This victory represents his third top three finish of the season. Was also tied third in the Alfred Dunhill Championship.
- This victory comes in his ninth appearance in the ISPS Handa Wales Open.
- This victory beats his previous best performance in the ISPS Handa Wales Open of tied second in 2011.(Since the event moved to The Twenty Ten Course in 2008, he has made the cut on all his six appearances and has amassed three top ten finishes).
- Becomes the first Frenchman to win the ISPS Handa Wales Open.
- France becomes the 11th different nation to win the ISPS Handa Wales Open.
- His fourth victory sees him move into joint second in the list of most prolific French winners on The European Tour, two behind Thomas Levet and level with Raphaël Jacquelin.
- His four European Tour victories have all come in different destinations: Spain (2007 Mallorca Classic), Portugal (2008 Estoril Open de Portugal), Hong Kong (2009 UBS Hong Kong Open) and Wales (2013 ISPS Handa Wales Open).