SUNDAY OCTOBER 27, 2013 – BMW MASTERS PRESENTED BY SRE GROUP
Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano (Getty Images)
• His seventh European Tour International Schedule victory in his 222nd European Tour event.
• Moves to 1,517,529 points in The Race to Dubai. This would be his highest single-season earnings beating the €1,209,372 he won in 2009.
• His first European Tour victory since the 2012 BMW Italian Open presented by CartaSi.
• This victory beats his previous best 2013 European Tour performance of tied eighth in the ISPS Handa Wales Open.
• This victory is his sixth top ten finish from his 20 European Tour appearances during 2013.
• This victory means he has won in seven of his nine European Tour seasons. He won every year between 2005-2008 and then again between 2011-2013.
• Three of his seven victories have been in BMW sponsored events. They are: 2006 BMW Asian Open, 2012 BMW Italian Open presented by CartaSi and 2013 BMW Masters presented by SRE Group.
• His third BMW sponsored victory sees him move alongside fellow countryman, Miguel Angel Jiménez for the most European Tour wins in BMW sponsored tournaments.
• Victory comes in his second appearance in the BMW Masters presented by SRE Group.
• Victory beats his previous best performance in the BMW Masters presented by SRE Group of tied 46th in 2012.
• The first Spanish victory of the 2013 European Tour season.
• The first Spanish victory on The European Tour since Miguel Angel Jiménez at the 2012 UBS Hong Kong Open.
• This victory extends Spain’s run of consecutive winning years on The European Tour to 20, dating back to the 1994 season.
• The 167th Spanish victory on The European Tour.
• His second victory in China, following the 2006 BMW Asian Open.
• The third of his seven victories to have come on Asian soil, following the 2006 BMW Asian Open and 2011 Barclays Singapore Open.
• Extends his European Tour exemption until the end of 2015.
• Gains his highest European Tour prize of €851,346.
• Moves to over €8 million in European Tour Official Career Earnings.
• Moves to 916,721 in The European Ryder Cup Points Table.
• Gains his seventh victory as a professional.