Paul Wesselingh (Getty Images)
SUNDAY DECEMBER 15, 2013 – MCB TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP
- His fifth European Senior Tour victory in just his 30th Senior Tour event.
- His fourth European Senior Tour victory of the season. They are: the ISPS HANDA PGA Seniors Championship, Bad Ragaz PGA Seniors Open, Fubon Senior Open and MCB Tour Championship.
- Is the first player to win four times in a single season since Boonchu Ruangkit in 2010.
- Won the Fubon Senior Open in his last Senior Tour appearance. Is the first player since Tim Thelen to win back-to-back Senior Tour events when the American won the 2012 Berenberg Masters and 2012 Bad Ragaz PGA Seniors Open.
- Wins the 2013 Senior Tour Order of Merit with €311,644.
- Becomes only the third Englishman to win four times in a single European Tour season. He follows: Tommy Horton (four in 1996 and six in 1997) and Carl Mason (four in 2003, five in 2004 and 2007).
- Becomes only the fifth player in European Senior Tour history to win four times in a single European Tour season. He follows: Tommy Horton (four in 1996 and six in 1997), Carl Mason (four in 2003 and five in 2004 and 2007). Sam Torrance (four in 2006) and Boonchu Ruangkit (four in 2010).
- Becomes the 14th different player to win the European Senior Tour Order of Merit since the first season in 1992.
- Becomes the fifth Englishman to win the European Seniors Tour Order of Merit, following Tommy Horton (1993, 1996-1999), John Morgan (1994), Carl Mason (2003-2004, 2007) and Roger Chapman (2012).
- Was Rookie of the Year in 2012. Becomes only the fourth player to win the Senior Tour Rookie of the Year award and John Jacobs Trophy. They are: Carl Mason (both in 2003), Ian Woosnam (both in 2008), Boonchu Ruangkit (both in 2010) and Paul Wesselingh (2012 then 2013).
- Is only the second player to win the Senior Tour Championship and Senior Tour Order of Merit in the same season, following Carl Mason in 2003.
- In his two seasons on the Senior Tour, was fifth in 2012 and first in 2013. From his 30 Senior Tour events he has won €503,307.
- Gains a place in the 2014 US Senior PGA Championship and 2014 US Senior Open.