Senior Tour to return to Germany

1/24/2014 9:53:00 AM
Gordon Brand Jnr   (Getty Images)
Gordon Brand Jnr (Getty Images)

The European Senior Tour will return to the WINSTONopen Course in Vorbeck, Germany, for the third edition of the WINSTONgolf Senior Open, from September 19-21.

Scotland’s Gordon Brand Jnr claimed the title last year, succeeding Australian Terry Price who won the inaugural event in 2012.

Another strong field is expected for the tournament’s third edition, with the players competing for a prize fund of €400,000.

Jenny Elshout, Director of WINSTONgolf, said: “The WINSTONgolf Senior Open has earned an excellent reputation among the players in its short history and we look forward to welcoming them again this year.”

The tournament will once again have a Pro-Am format, with the professionals playing alongside an amateur partner for the first two days before contesting the final day on their own.

Andy Stubbs, Managing Director of the European Senior Tour said: “The hospitality shown to the players and their families at the WINSTONgolf Senior Open makes it one of the most popular on the European Senior Tour and the unique format creates an excellent atmosphere throughout the week. We hope the 2014 edition is as exciting as the 2013 tournament, where Gordon Brand Jnr held off the chasing pack of seven players who all finished within two shots of the 12 under par winning total.”

For more information: www.WINSTONgolf-Senior-Open.com