Time is running out for fans interested in attending The 39th Ryder Cup, with just two days left to apply for tickets for Medinah Country Club, Illinois from September 25-30, 2012.
Individuals have until midnight EDT on September 30 to register online at www.RyderCup.com for a chance to purchase tickets through the Random Ticket Draw. Due to the format of the Ryder Cup, a limited number of tickets are sold to the public to ensure a quality viewing experience and are made available only through the draw.
Ryder Cup Director Michael Belot said: “The Ryder Cup has long been one of the most sought-after tickets in sports, and we’re excited to continue that tradition. The PGA of America has seen record interest for the 2012 event, which has already sold out several times over. That kind of response is a great testament to the lasting popularity of The Ryder Cup, and I would encourage all interested fans to register for the draw before the September 30 deadline.”
Results from the random drawing of all registered individuals will be announced the week of October 10, 2011. The Ryder Cup gallery will be limited to approximately 40,000 per day, and daily tickets will be available.
There are five ticket options:
- Daily Grounds Tickets are available for Tuesday ($35), Wednesday ($35), Thursday ($80), Friday ($115), Saturday ($115) and Sunday ($115). Each Daily Grounds Ticket will allow its holder access to the Ryder Cup grounds on the day specified.
- The Season Ticket ($460) consists of six separate individual tickets and allows access to the grounds for each day of The Ryder Cup (Tuesday-Sunday).
- The International Pavilion Ticket ($680) consists of six separate individual tickets and allows access to the grounds for each day of The Ryder Cup (Tuesday-Sunday), as well as admission to the International Pavilion, a sports-themed, climate-controlled facility located on the grounds of Medinah Country Club. It will feature an abundance of television monitors, and an enjoyable selection of food and beverage options, available at an additional charge.
- Daily Samuel Ryder Club Tickets are currently available for purchase without entering the random draw. The Samuel Ryder Club is located inside the historic Medinah Clubhouse and ticket price includes breakfast and lunch buffets along with beverages (full bar). This offering provides individuals with a premium on-site experience previously reserved only for corporate patrons. Tickets are available for Wednesday ($600), Thursday ($800), Friday ($1,600), Saturday ($1,600) and Sunday ($1,800). Limit of 10 tickets each day per customer.
- Junior Tickets will be available as part of The PGA of America’s ongoing mission to promote the game of golf and to provide the ultimate family entertainment value. Juniors (age 17 and younger) will be admitted FREE to the grounds on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of Ryder Cup Week if accompanied by a ticket-bearing adult. A maximum of two (2) Junior Tickets may be obtained per Ryder Cup ticketed adult on these days. Junior Tickets will be available on their days regardless of a sell-out. Junior Tickets will be available on a daily basis (Tuesday thru Thursday only) during the week of the Ryder Cup at the Admission Sales/Will Call Office. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, each junior much have a paid ticket to enter the grounds as there will be no complimentary admission.
A maximum of four weekly tickets or eight daily tickets per person may be purchased. Applicants may not purchase a combination of weekly and daily ticket types.