JOSÉ MARÍA OLAZÁBAL, MARVIN HUMES AND JODIE KIDD TEAM UP WITH NESPRESSO TO SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT SHOT
Nespresso, the Official Coffee Supplier to The 2014 Ryder Cup, has partnered with golfing legend and Ryder Cup winning Captain José María Olazábal and Ryder Cup Ambassadors Marvin Humes and Jodie Kidd to launch a global search for the perfect golf trick.
Whether participants record themselves doing keepy uppy’s, demonstrate their juggling prowess, showcase their football freestyle skills or perform the longest putt in their office, Nespresso wants to see them all.
The competition is open to golf-enthusiasts and non-golfers alike – with the only rule for entry being that the trick must include a golf ball. Winners will receive a VIP trip to the prestigious tournament in September 2014. To enter, participants simply upload a short video of their ‘perfect shot’ golf trick on their Instagram and identify it using the #PERFECTSHOT hashtag.
The Nespresso Perfect Shot was launched with a video featuring José María Olazábal, Marvin Humes and Jodie Kidd and which has been developed to give everyone inspiration. The video, hosted on Nespresso’s YouTube channel, sees the three ambassadors pass a golf ball between then in varying locations using unusual tactics.
2012 Ryder Cup winning Captain Jose María Olazábal said: “The Perfect Shot initiative is a brilliant opportunity to let fans of The Ryder Cup win an amazing prize so I’d like to encourage as many people as possible to enter. I’m hoping everyone has a lot of fun making their Perfect Shot videos and sharing their most unique trick shots and I can’t wait to judge them and meet our winners at Gleneagles.”
As one of the most prestigious and historic golfing events in the world, The Ryder Cup creates worldwide interest beyond the two competing continents and is unique in its team spirit and atmosphere amongst players and fans. This passion and spirit of The Ryder Cup fans are values shared by Nespresso and the #PERFECTSHOT competition provides a platform for fans to showcase their own skills and passion for the game.
“We have a very proud, long standing partnership with The Ryder Cup and are excited to be launching The Perfect Shot competition. By sharing your #PERFECTSHOT on Instagram, you could be sharing the experience of The Ryder Cup with us later this year,” commented Stéphane Detaille, International Sponsoring & Events Manager from Nestlé Nespresso SA.
Three lucky winners will receive a pair of VIP tickets to The 2014 Ryder Cup in Gleneagles. Their prize includes accommodation, travel, tickets to the tournament and the opportunity to meet José María Olazábal. The eventual winners will be chosen by a Nespresso panel including José María himself.
The Perfect Shot entry rules in a nutshell:
- People enter The Perfect Shot competition by filming themselves doing a trick shot using a golf ball
- Participants shall then edit their publication on Instagram, with obligation to state the following hashtag in the "legend" field: #PERFECTSHOT and mention their country
- The competition runs from Wednesday 21st May 2014 until June 30th
- Winners will be selected by a panel of Nespresso judges and which includes José María Olazábal
- Winners will receive a VIP trip to The Ryder Cup in Scotland with full access to the tournament, accommodation and hospitality
- The competition will be open to entrants from Algeria, Bahrain, Denmark, Dominican, Egypt, Germany, Guadeloupe, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Martinique, Mauritus, Morocco, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Qatar, Reunion, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom