After a lengthy break away from the golf course, your short-game is the skill which requires most attention. Redeveloping that touch and feel on and around the greens takes time and practice, but as you know it’s extremely worthwhile. With that in mind, here is a brilliant chipping drill which you can even practice at home. Master this drill and you will be knocking shots of your round in no time!
As a My European Tour member you are entitled to an exclusive 1-month free access to Birdietime.tv including over 450 coaching videos, 12 tailored coaching plans and much much more!
10 Yard Fairway Drill by Hugh Marr
Time required: 20 minutes
Location to practice: Garden/chipping area
Training aids needed: None
Equipment needed: Wedge or any iron and 10 golf balls
How to practice:
1. First, you need to create a playing area for this drill/game
2. Set the first aim stick/golf club on the ground 2 yards in front of the area you
are hitting from
3. Set the second aim stick/golf club on the ground 10 yards away
4. Hit the first chip shot and move the ball back to the place where it landed. Your
task is to hit the second chip shot beyond the first one
5. See how many shots you can land into the playing area before you reach the
second aim stick/golf club.
6. Your goal here is to land at least 8 shots inside the playing area
Join Birdietime.tv for tailored programs and in-depth content
The team at Birdetime alongside some of the world’s best coaches and players are able to provide you with hundreds of first-class instructional videos and a library of tailored coaching programs including our new ‘Practise at Home’ coaching programs.
We are not just another video library, but a way to connect the best teachers to the most eager improvers and we are dedicated to creating the best service for our members.
We want to help all golfers around the world to keep practicing. As a My European Tour member you are entitled to an exclusive 1-month free access to Birdietime.tv including over 450 coaching videos, 12 tailored coaching plans and much much more!
How to claim my offer? Just follow these steps and you are good to go:
2. Register to Birdietime.tv
3. Start using Birdietime.tv
It’s really that simple. Start your journey to better golf today!