WITH THIS WIN
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 27, 2011 – WORLD GOLF CHAMPIONSHIPS – ACCENTURE MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP
• Moves to top of the Race to Dubai with €1,027,923.
• Moves to a career-high of third in the Official World Golf Ranking.
• With victory for Donald it means European players occupy the top four places; Martin Kaymer (one), Lee Westwood (two), Donald (three) and Graeme McDowell (four). This is the first time since March 15, 1992 when Ian Woosnam (one), Sir Nick Faldo (two), José Maria Olazábal (three) and Seve Ballesteros (four) have the top four places been filled by Europeans.
• This victory for Donald means European Tour Members have won four of the last five WGC events. They are: Ian Poulter (2010 WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship), Ernie Els (2010 WGC – Cadillac Championship), Francesco Molinari (2010 WGC – HSBC Champions) and Donald (2011 WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship).
• First World Golf Championship victory in his 21st WGC appearance.
• This victory beats his previous best WGC performance of tied third in the 2010 WGC – HSBC Champions.
• Victory came in his seventh appearance in the WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship.
• This victory beats his previous best performances in the event of tied ninth in 2005, 06, 09 and 10.
• His fourth European Tour International Schedule victory in his 92nd European Tour event.
• Second consecutive English victory in the Championship, following Poulter in 2010 and second Englishman to take the title after Poulter.
• Third consecutive year the tournament has been won by a European Tour Member; Geoff Ogilvy (2009), Poulter (2010) and Donald (2011).
• Fifth win in the Accenture Match Play Championship by a European Tour Member, following Darren Clarke (2000), Henrik Stenson (2007), Ogilvy (2009), Poulter (2010) and Donald (2011).
• The tenth different player to win the WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship.
• Becomes the 19th different winner of a WGC event since they began in 1999.
• Joins Clarke, Ernie Els, Stenson, Vijay Singh, Ogilvy, Poulter and Molinari as European Tour Members to win a WGC event.
• Moves over €8 million in European Tour Career Earnings.
• The 259th English victory in European Tour history.
• Second English victory of the 2011 season. They are: Paul Casey (Volvo Golf Champions) and Donald (WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship).
• Gains his largest European Tour prize of €1,027,923.
• Gains a European Tour exemption until the end of 2014.
• His eighth professional win.