DID YOU KNOW – WGC – BRIDGESTONE INVITATIONAL
• In 2007 Tiger Woods created a European Tour record by winning the tournament for a third consecutive season. He became the first player to win the same event for three consecutive years on two different occasions, having already won the event in 1999, 2000 and 2001, then in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
• Woods won the event for a seventh time in 2009; the first time a player has won an official European Tour event on seven occasions.
• Woods has a remarkable record over the South Course at Firestone. He has played in the tournament 11 times, won it on seven occasions, tied second in 2004, fourth in 2002 and tied fourth in 2003.
• Hunter Mahan claimed his first WGC and European Tour title at this tournament in 2010 and was one of 13 first-time winners on The 2010 European Tour.
• A total of 34 European Tour Members are playing in the 2011 tournament. Matto Manassero is the only European Tour Member making his debut in the WGC – Bridgestone Invitational.