SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2011 – KLM OPEN
• His sixth European Tour International Schedule victory in his 324th European Tour event.
• Moves to €1,298,904 in The Race to Dubai. Passes €1 million in a single season for the fourth time in his European Tour career.
• Moves to just outside the top 30 of the Official World Golf Ranking from 55th.
• Second European Tour victory of the 2011 European Tour season, following the Irish Open presented by Discover Ireland.
• His third victory in the KLM Open, following his triumphs in 2006 and 2009.
• Since the event became part of The European Tour in 1972, he becomes the third player to win the KLM Open three times. He joins: Seve Ballesteros (1976, 1980 and 1986) and Bernhard Langer (1984, 1992 and 2001).
• Becomes the sixth multiple winner of the season, following Luke Donald (WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship, BMW PGA Championship and Barclays Scottish Open), Thomas Björn (Commercialbank Qatar Masters presented by Dolphin Energy, Johnnie Walker Championship at Gleneagles and Omega European Masters), Charl Schwartzel (Joburg Open and Masters Tournament) and Darren Clarke (Iberdrola Open and The 140th Open Championship) and Alex Noren (Saab Wales Open and Nordea Masters).
• With this latest victory has now won six times on The European Tour. The third time he has won multiple events in the same season – two in 2006, two in 2009 and two in 2011.
• Eleventh English victory of the 2011 season. They are: Paul Casey (Volvo Golf Champions), Luke Donald (WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship, BMW PGA Championship and Barclays Scottish Open), David Horsey (Trophée Hassan II), Lee Westwood (Ballantine’s Championship), Ian Poulter (Volvo World Match Play Championship), Robert Rock (BMW Italian Open presented by CartaSi), Simon Dyson (Irish Open presented by Discover Ireland and KLM Open) and Oliver Fisher (Czech Open).
• The 267th English victory in European Tour history.
• Moves over €8 million in European Tour Official Career Earnings.
• His eighth win as a professional worldwide.