DID YOU KNOW – WGC – BRIDGESTONE INVITATIONAL
• In 2007 Tiger Woods created a European Tour record by winning the tournament for a third consecutive season. He became the first player to win the same event for three consecutive years on two different occasions, having already won the event in 1999, 2000 and 2001, then in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
• Woods won the event for a seventh time in 2009; the first time a player has won an official European Tour event on seven occasions.
• Woods has a remarkable record over the South Course at Firestone. He has played in the tournament 12 times, won it on seven occasions, tied second in 2004; fourth in 2002 and tied fourth in 2003.
• Should Adam Scott win for the second successive year at Firestone, he would become only the second player to make a successful defence of a WGC event. Tiger Woods is the only person to achieve this feat. He won back-to-back titles in the WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship in 2003-04; the WGC – Cadillac Championship in 2002-03 and 2005-07 and WGC – Bridgestone Invitational in 1999-2001 and 2005-07.
• A total of 36 European Tour Members qualified to play in the 2012 tournament. Jamie Donaldson, Joost Luiten, Marcel Siem and Bernd Wiesberger will be making their first appearance in any of the WGC events. While Rafael Cabrera-Bello, Nicolas Colsaerts, Branden Grace, Michael Hoey, Tom Lewis, Robert Rock, Lee Slattery and Danny Willett are the other European Tour Members making their debuts in the WGC – Bridgestone Invitational.
• Jim Furyk, Phil Mickelson and Lee Westwood will be each making their 14th appearance in the event. They are the only players to have played in every WGC – Bridgestone Invitational since it began in 1999.