DID YOU KNOW – BARCLAYS SINGAPORE OPEN
• The event, worth US$6,000,000 is the richest National Open in Asia and has been co-sanctioned with The European Tour since 2009. The 2012 staging will be the 49th since the tournament was first played in 1961.
• The quality of the field this year is highlighted by the fact there are eight Major Champions and 69 European Tour winners competing.
• Adam Scott will be looking to claim his fourth title, having won the event in 2005, 2006 and 2010. He is the only three-time winner in the event’s history.
• World Number One, Rory McIlroy will be making his first appearance in the Barclays Singapore Open since 2008 when he finished fourth. His record in European Tour events in the Far-East is exceptional. He had played ten times and been placed in the top ten on six occasions. Of these six, five have been inside the top five.
• McIlroy will be bidding to win for the fifth time in 2012. Should he win, he would join Branden Grace as the most prolific winner in world golf during 2012.
• England’s Chris Wood is playing on an invite this week. He will hope to claim his second win as a professional. His first came earlier this year, also in Asia in the Thailand Open, also by way of a sponsors invitation into the tournament.
• There are four former winners in the field. They are: Adam Scott (2005, 2006 and 2010), Jeev Milkha Singh (2008), Thaworn Wiratchant (2001) and Jyoti Randhawa (2000).