DID YOU KNOW – WGC – ACCENTURE MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP
• Hunter Mahan is trying to follow in the footsteps of Tiger Woods (2003-2004) and make a successful defence of the WGC – Accenture Match Play. Should he win for the second consecutive season, he would join Tiger Woods and Geoff Ogilvy as the only players to win three or more WGC events.
• This event will begin the 15th year of World Golf Championship events. The first one was the 1999 Accenture Match Play Championship and won by American Jeff Maggert. At the end of the 2012 season there had been 45 WGC individual tournaments played.
• Of all the WGC events, the WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship has been the most successful for European Tour Members, producing five different winners. They are: Darren Clarke (2000), Henrik Stenson (2007), Geoff Ogilvy (2009), Ian Poulter (2010) and Luke Donald (2011).
• There will be 37 European Tour Members competing at the Ritz Carlton Golf Club in 2013. Nine of the 37 will be making their Accenture debuts. They are: Jamie Donaldson, Marcus Fraser, Stephen Gallacher, Branden Grace, Shane Lowry, David Lynn, Thorbjørn Olesen, Richie Ramsay and Marcel Siem. This brings the total number of European Tour Members to have competed in the WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship since 1999 to 104.
• There are seven champions competing. They are: Steve Stricker (2001), Tiger Woods (2003, 2004 and 2008), David Toms (2005), Henrik Stenson (2007), Ian Poulter (2010), Luke Donald (2011) and Hunter Mahan (2012).
|-||CHOI, K J||KOR||-|