DID YOU KNOW – US PGA CHAMPIONSHIP
• Should Rory McIlroy make a successful defence of his US PGA Championship he would become the first player from the United Kingdom to win the same Major in back-to-back years since Sir Nick Faldo (1989-1990 Masters Tournament).
• Should Rory McIlroy win the crown for a second successive time, he would join Tiger Woods (1999-2000 and 2006-2007), as the only other player to win consecutive US PGA Championships since the tournament became stroke play in 1958.
• There will be 58 European Tour Members competing in the 2013 US PGA Championship. This is the equal second highest figure of Members for the event, following the 63 in 2009 and 58 in 2010.
• Of those 58 Members appearing at Oak Hill in 2013, ten are making their US PGA Championship debut. They are: Kiradech Aphibarnrat, Jonas Blixt, Mikko Ilonen, Scott Jamieson, Brooks Koepka, Richie Ramsay, Brett Rumford, Peter Uihlein, Jaco Van Zyl and Marc Warren.
• When David Toms won the 2001 US PGA Championship at Atlanta Athletic Club, he created Major Championship history for the lowest winning 72 hole total of 265.
• David Toms in 2001 became the last player to win a Major Championship and record a hole-in-one during the tournament. He aced the par three 15th in round three.
• In winning the 1968 US PGA Championship, Julius Boros became the oldest player to win a Major Championship, aged 48 years and 140 days in 1968.
• Oak Hill’s East Course will be hosting the US PGA Championship for the third time. Jack Nicklaus won here in 1980 and Shaun Micheel in 2003.
• When the Ryder Cup went to Oak Hill in 1995, the Rochester venue became the first American course to hold the US Open Championship (1956, 1968 and 1989), US PGA Championship (1980, 2003 and 2013), U.S. Senior Open (1984), Senior PGA Championship (2008), U.S Amateur Championship (1949 and 1998) and the Ryder Cup (1995).
• Davis Love III and Phil Mickelson are the only two players who competed in the Ryder Cup in 1995 and are playing this year.
• Phil Mickelson is aiming to become the first player since Padraig Harrington in 2008 to win The Open Championship and US PGA Championship in the same season. The only other players to win these two Majors in the same year are: Walter Hagen (1924), Nick Price (1994) and Tiger Woods (2000 and 2006).