DID YOU KNOW – ALFRED DUNHILL LINKS CHAMPIONSHIP
• Branden Grace will be aiming to become the first player to successfully defend the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship.
• Branden Grace claimed his fourth victory in the event 12 months ago. He made European history by becoming the first Qualifying School graduate to win four events the year after graduation. The man from Pretoria became just the second South African, following Ernie Els (four in 2003), to win four official events in the same European Tour season.
• Branden Grace started the tournament with a 12 under par 60 at Kingsbarns on his way to a wire-to-wire victory. His course record of 60 saw him become the 14th different player to record an official round of 60 on The European Tour.
• To highlight the strength of the 2013 Alfred Dunhill Links Championship, there are eight players in the top 50 of the Official World Golf Ranking, 14 Major Champions, four European Tour Number Ones’ and 96 winners of European Tour events.
• The albatrosses made by Lee Westwood and Steen Tinning 2003 at Kingsbarns, at the ninth and third holes respectively, both in round three, marked the first time in European Tour history that two albatrosses were made in the same round of the same tournament.
• The Alfred Dunhill Links Championship marked the last time that two different Scottish players won the same European Tour event in consecutive seasons, with Stephen Gallacher in 2004 and Colin Montgomerie IN 2005.
• Two-time winner Padraig Harrington has played in all 12 previous Alfred Dunhill Links Championships. He is the only multiple winner, back in 2002 and 2007. Overall he has amassed six top eight finishes in the tournament. The only other player to have recorded six top ten finishes in the event is the 2003 winner, Lee Westwood.