DID YOU KNOW - BMW MASTERS PRESENTED BY SRE GROUP
• The BMW Masters will be the third BMW sponsored event on The European Tour International Schedule in 2013. This follows the BMW PGA Championship and BMW International Open.
• The quality of the field is highlighted by the fact there are seven Major Champions, five winners of WGC events, five European Tour Number Ones and 21 of the 2013 European Tour winners. Of the 78 man field, 59 have tasted victory on The European Tour.
• The 2013 BMW Masters will mark the beginning of The Final Series. Following this event there will be the WGC – HSBC Champions, Turkish Airlines Open presented by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism and DP World Tour Championship, Dubai.
• In 2012 the BMW Masters became the sixth different European Tour event to be sponsored by BMW.
• The 2013 BMW Masters will be the 49th European Tour event, where BMW have been the title sponsor. The first was the BMW International Open in 1989.
• Defending champion Peter Hanson will look to make the first successful defence of his career. Should he achieve this feat he would become only the Swede to accomplish this. He would follow Anders Forsbrand (1991-92 Volvo Open di Firenze) and Per-Ulrik Johansson (1996-97 European Open).
• The tournament is to be played at Lake Malaren Golf Club. The facility has two courses and the one being used is the Masters Course, designed by Jack Nicklaus.
• Opened in 2011, the Masters Course played host to the 2011 Shanghai Masters won by Rory McIlroy, beating Anthony Kim in a play-off, prior to staging the 2012 BMW Masters.
• This is the second of three European Tour events to be staged on Chinese soil on the 2013 Schedule. The other two are are the Volvo China Open and WGC – HSBC Champions.
• In 2012 the BMW Masters was the seventh different European Tour event to be played on Chinese soil. The other six are; Volvo China Open, WGC – HSBC Champions, UBS Hong Kong Open, BMW Asian Open, TCL Classic and Johnnie Walker Classic. (Also staged the World Cup on five occasions).