DID YOU KNOW? – DP WORLD TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP, DUBAI
• Celebrating its fifth year, the 2013 DP World Tour Championship will feature the top 60 players on The European Tour’s Race to Dubai, following the conclusion of the penultimate event: the Turkish Open 10 November.
• The 2013 DP World Tour Championship will be played on the Greg Norman designed Earth course at Jumeirah Golf Estates.
• Tee times will take place from 07:30 - 12:30 at 10 minute intervals. Competitors will play four rounds of stroke-play golf, from Thursday to Sunday with no cut.
• Competitors at the DP World Tour Championship will play for a prize fund of US$8 million, including a winner’s cheque of US$1.33 million.
• With an additional Race To Dubai bonus pool of US$3.75 million up for grabs, the tournament is the richest on the European Tour, with combined prize money of US$11.75 million.
• The winner of the DP World Tour Championship will receive a five year European Tour exemption.
• The course record is 62 (-10) achieved by Justin Rose in 2012
• Former Winners: Lee Westwood (2009), Robert Karlsson (2010), Alvaro Quiros (2011) , Rory McIlroy (2012)