SUNDAY MARCH 5, 2017 – WGC-MEXICO CHAMPIONSHIP
• His fourth European Tour International Schedule victory in his 68th European Tour event.
• Extends his lead at the top of the Official World Golf Ranking and moves to 11.7249 points.
• His first European Tour victory since the 2016 US Open.
• Has now won in three consecutive European Tour seasons. In 2015 won the WGC-Cadillac Championship, 2016 US Open and now the 2017 WGC-Mexico Championship.
• Claims his fourth WGC title. He moves into second place in the list of most WGC victories behind Tiger Woods, who has 18.
• His four WGC victories are: 2013 WGC-HSBC Champions, 2015 WGC-Cadillac Championship, 2016 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational and 2017 WGC-Mexico Championship.
• Claims his fourth title WGC title in his 28th WGC career appearance.
• Claims his second title in the WGC-Mexico Championship in his ninth appearance in the event.
• Follows Tiger Woods (1999, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07 and 13) and Ernie Els (2004 and 10), as multiple winners of the WGC-Mexico Championship.
• The 12th American victory in the WGC-Mexico Championship. They are: Tiger Woods (1999-02, 03, 05, 06, 07 and 13), Phil Mickelson (2009), Nick Watney (2011), Patrick Reed (2014) and Dustin Johnson (2015 and 17).
• His fourth top four finish from his nine appearances in the WGC-Mexico Championship.
• His ninth career top-ten finish in his 28 WGC appearances.
• Becomes the 205th American victory in European Tour history.
• The second American victory of the 2017 European Tour season. They are: Harold Varner III (Australian PGA Championship) and Dustin Johnson (WGC-Mexico Championship).
• Moves joint top of the list for the most consecutive number of winning years on the European Tour among active players, with three. He joins Jason Day, Rory McIlroy, Thongchai Jaidee and Thorbjørn Olesen.
• Follows Tiger Woods and becomes only the second player to win WGC events in three consecutive seasons.
• Becomes 35th American victory in WGC history.
• His 15th victory as a professional and second in 2017, following the Genesis Open on the US PGA Tour.