The statisticians have been crunching the numbers and here's some of the headline stats at the end of round three at Close House
– times Robert Karlsson has held the 54 hole lead and he has gone on to win seven of them
– fairways from 14 hit by Karlsson, but 12 Greens in Regulation and 6 out of 6 scrambles.
– years since Karlsson last held the 54 hole lead, at the 2008 Mercedes Benz Championship
– by Rory McIlroy. Rory's last 64 or lower on the European Tour was his 64 in the 2015 Omega Dubai Desert Classic, where he went on to win.
– times Rory has won when two behind going into the final round
– times Rory has been within two of the lead in his European Tour career
– greens hit by Rory with 100 % scrambling on the four he missed. Only 27 putts as well.
– by David Lingmerth, the lowest round of the week so far
– per cent of greens hit in regulation by Lingmerth during his round of 62
– low nine score by both David Lingmerth and George Coetzee
– holes before Lee Westwood dropped his first shot of the week
– yards for the ninth hole today with the tee pushed forward with Ashley Chesters hitting the pin. So close to an
– eagles on the par four ninth thanks to the new tee position
– average score for the ninth, compared to 4.14 in round 2. That made it the easiest par four of the season:
• 2017 Brit Masters Rd 3 #9, 3.30
• 2016 Alfred Dunhill Championship Rd 3 #6, 3.32
• 2017 Commercialbank Qatar Masters Rd 4 #16, 3.40
– birdies on the par three 18th, the hardest hole on the course this week.
– fans flocked to Close House for day three, taking the total attendance of the week to 53,687.