SUNDAY JULY 8, 2018 - DUBAI DUTY FREE IRISH OPEN HOSTED BY THE RORY FOUNDATION
• His second European Tour win in his 35th appearance.
• His first win in a regular European Tour event, having previously claimed the 2015 WGC-HSBC Champions.
• Moves him to 1,910,475 points in the 2018 Race to Dubai, up to fifth from 25th.
• Could move him into the top 50 in the world, potentially to as high as 47th, up from 87th.
• The first Scottish winner of the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open since Colin Montgomerie in 2001.
• The ninth win from a Scot in the event,after Montgomerie (1996, 1997 and 2001), Sam Torrance (1981 and 1995), Ken Brown (1978), Eric Brown (1953) and George Duncan (1927) which was incidentally the first edition of the event.
• The 137th victory from a Scot on the European Tour.
• The first Scottish win on the European Tour since Knox’s own victory at the WGC-HSBC Champions in 2015.
• His record at the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open now reads: two appearances, one runner up, one win. He finished in a share of second place in his only other appearance at the K Club in 2016.
• His last two appearances on the European Tour now also read: one runner-up, one win. He finished in a share of second place at last week’s HNA Open de France.
|T4||VAN ROOYEN, Erik||RSA||18||-12|