WITH THIS WIN
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 13, 2011 – OMEGA DUBAI DESERT CLASSIC
• His fifth European Tour International Schedule victory in his 100th European Tour event.
• Follows Martin Kaymer who also won in his 100th appearance at the 2011 Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship.
• Moves to €558,375 in the Race to Dubai and into the number one position. This represents the first time in career he has occupied top spot.
• Moves to 21 from 37 in the Official World Golf Ranking; his highest career position.
• First European Tour victory since the 2010 Open de España.
• Has now won a European Tour event in each of the five seasons he has been a full member, dating back to the 2007 season.
• With this victory is now leading the category for most current consecutive winning years on The European Tour with five, dating back to the 2007 season.
• Had a hole-in-one at the 11th in round four. Becomes the first player have an ace in the final round and go onto win an event since Miguel Angel Jiménez at the 2008 BMW PGA Championship.
• Continues with his fine start to 2011; was tied 23rd in the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship, tied eighth in the Volvo Golf Champions, second in the Commercialbank Qatar Masters presented by Dolphin Energy and first in the Omega Dubai Desert Classic.
• Second consecutive Spanish victory in the Omega Dubai Desert Classic, following Miguel Angel Jiménez in 2010.
• Fourth Spanish victory in the Omega Dubai Desert Classic. They are: Seve Ballesteros (1992), José Maria Olazábal (1998), Jiménez (2010) and Quiros (2011).
• The 19th different winner in the 22 stagings of the Omega Dubai Desert Classic.
• This victory beats his previous best performance in the Omega Dubai Desert Classic of tied sixth in 2010.
• Continues with his outstanding record in European Tour events in the Desert. Has played in 13 tournaments, winning twice and been in the top ten seven times overall.
• Becomes the fourth player to win two different European Tour Desert events. He follows, Ernie Els, Robert Karlsson and Henrik Stenson.
• The 158th Spanish victory in European Tour history.
• Second Spanish victory of the 2011 season, following Pablo Martin at the Alfred Dunhill Championship.
• His seventh win as a professional.