SUNDAY JUNE 9, 2013 – LYONESS OPEN POWERED BY GREENFINITY
• His second European Tour International Schedule victory in his 119th European Tour event.
• Moves to €380,329 The Race to Dubai.
• Moves to just inside the top 100 in the Official World Golf Ranking from 137th.
• His first victory since the 2011 Iskandar Johor Open. This represents a gap of one year and 201 days.
• In that time played in 33 European Tour events between victories.
• This victory beats
his previous best performance of tied
second in the 2012 ISPS Handa Wales Open since his 2011 triumph.
• This victory beats his previous best 2013 performance of tied
sixth in the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship.
• His third top ten finish of the season. Besides this victory and his tied sixth he was tied eighth in the Volvo China Open. (To highlight his recent consistency, has now been placed in the top 25 in six of his last seven European Tour events).
• Becomes the first player from The Netherlands to win the Lyoness Open powered by Greenfinity.
• The Netherlands becomes the 11th different country to win the Lyonees Open powered by Greenfinity.
• Becomes the 20th different player to win the Lyoness Open powered by Greenfinity.
• Joins Robert-Jan Derksen (two victories) as players from The Netherlands to record multiple wins on The European Tour.
• Victory comes in his third appearance in the Lyoness Open powered by Greenfinity.
• This victory beats his previous best performance in the Lyoness Open powered by Greenfinity of third in 2011, also at the Diamond Country Club.
• The first Dutch player to win on The European Tour since Luiten won the 2011 Iskandar Johor Open.
• The first of his European Tour victories where he has led going into the final round. (Made up four shots in the final round to win the 2011 Iskandar Johor Open).
• The 13th player this season to win when leading or sharing the lead going into the final round.
• The sixth Dutch victory in European Tour history.
• Gains a European Tour exemption until the end of 2014.
• Gains his fifth win as a professional.
• Gains a place in the 2014 Volvo Golf Champions.
• Becomes the tenth European Tour victory by former Challenge Tour players on the 2013 European Tour. They are: Scott Jamieson (Nelson Mandela Championship presented by ISPS Handa), Louis Oosthuizen (Volvo Golf Champions), Jamie Donaldson (Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship), Stephen Gallacher (Omega Dubai Desert Classic), Richard Sterne (Joburg Open), Marcel Siem (Trophée Hassan II), Raphaël Jacquelin (Open de
España), Brett Rumford (Ballantine’s Championship and Volvo China Open) and Joost Luiten (Lyoness Open powered by Greenfinity).
• The 317th European Tour victory by a former Challenge Tour player.