SUNDAY OCTOBER 18, 2015 - PORTUGAL MASTERS
• His third European Tour International Schedule victory in his 107th European Tour event.
• Moves to 1,237,903 points in The Race to Dubai.
• Moves to 45th in the Official World Golf Ranking, from 66th.
• Claims his third European Tour victory of the season. They are: South African Open Championship Hosted by the City of Ekurhuleni, Joburg Open and Portugal Masters.
• Is the first player to win three times during the 2015 European Tour season.
• Becomes the first player since Branden Grace (2102 Joburg Open, 2012 Volvo Golf Champions and 2012 Volvo China Open), to win his first three European Tour titles in the same season. (Grace did go onto win the 2012 Alfred Dunhill Links Championship as well).
• Played in his first 84 European Tour events without a win. Has now won three of last 23 European Tour tournaments.
• Victory comes in his fourth appearance in the Portugal Masters.
• This victory beats his previous best performance in the Portugal Masters of tied 37th in 2012.
• His winning total of 261 matches the lowest winning total of the 2015 European Tour season, set by Thomas Pieters at the KLM Open.
• His winning total of 261 is the lowest winning total in the history of the Portugal Masters, beating the 263 of Steve Webster in 2007.
• His winning margin of nine shots is the largest in the history of the Portugal Masters, beating the three shots of Alexander Levy in 2014.
• His winning margin of nine shots is the biggest of the 2015 European Tour season, beating the seven of Branden Grace at the Alfred Dunhill Championship.
• His winning margin of nine shots is the largest on The European Tour since Charl Schwartzel won by 12 shots at the 2013 Alfred Dunhill Championship.
• Continues England’s wonderful record in the Portugal Masters. Follows Steve Webster (2007), Lee Westwood (2009), Tom Lewis (2011) and David Lynn (2013), as English winners of the Portugal Masters.
• Took a five shot lead going into the final round. His five shot lead after 54 holes is the biggest in the history of the Portugal Masters. Is the first of his three victories where he has led going into the final round. He made up seven shots to with the 2015 South African Open Championship Hosted by Ekurhuleni and three to claim the 2015 Joburg Open.
• Would be the 24th player this season to win after leading going into the final round.
• Follows Peter Oosterhuis (1973, 1974), Maurice Bembridge (1973), Sir Nick Faldo (1983, 1989, 1992), Mark James (1989), Lee Westwood (1998, 1999, 2000), Paul Casey (2006) and Luke Donald (2011), as English players to win three times in the same European Tour season, since the Tour’s first year in 1972.
• Becomes the 300th English victory in European Tour history.
• Becomes the tenth English victory on the 2015 season. They are Danny Willett (Nedbank Golf Challenge and Omega European Masters), Andy Sullivan (South African Open Championship Hosted by the City of Ekurhuleni, Joburg Open and Portugal Masters), James Morrison (Open de España), Chris Wood (Lyoness Open Powered by Greenfinty), David Horsey (Made in Denmark), Lee Slattery (M2M Russian Open) and Matthew Fitzpatrick (British Masters supported by Sky Sports).
• Becomes the ninth different player to win the Portugal Masters from the nine times the event has been played.
• Becomes the seventh player in European Tour history to win their first three European Tour titles in the same season. They are: Sandy Lyle (1979), Ronan Rafferty (1989), Alex Cejka (1995), Fredrik Jacobson (2003), Johan Edfors (2006), Branden Grace (2012) and Andy Sullivan (2015).
• Claims his first wire-to-wire victory of his career.
• Becomes the fifth wire-to-wire winner of the 2015 season. They are: Branden Grace (Alfred Dunhill Championship), Jordan Spieth (Masters Tournament), David Horsey (Made In Denmark), Matthew Fitzpatrick (British Masters supported by Sky Sports) and Andy Sullivan (Portugal Masters).
• Becomes the first wire-to-wire winner in the history of the Portugal Masters.
• Claims his largest European Tour prize of €333,330.
• Extends his European Tour exemption until the end of 2017.
• Gains his third professional win.
|T3||FISHER JNR, Trevor||RSA||18||-13|
|T3||DE LA RIVA, Eduardo||ESP||18||-13|