SUNDAY MAY 29, 2011 - BMW PGA CHAMPIONSHIP
• His fifth European Tour International Schedule victory in his 96th European Tour event.
• Extends his lead at the top of The Race to Dubai. Now won €2,581,495.
• This figure represents his highest single-season earnings in his European Tour career, passing the €1,678,072 he won in 2010.
• Moves to Number One in the Official World Golf Ranking for the first time.
• Joins Sir Nick Faldo and Lee Westwood as English players to achieve Number One status.
• Becomes the 15th different player to be Official World Number One since the Rankings began in 1986.
• Claims his second European Tour victory of the season, following the World Golf Championships - Accenture Match Play Championship.
• The second multiple winner of the 2011 season, following Charl Schwartzel (Joburg Open and Masters Tournament).
• The third consecutive English victory in the BMW PGA Championship, following Paul Casey (2009) and Simon Khan (2010).
• His victory comes in his seventh appearance in the BMW PGA Championship.
• Maintains his wonderful recent record over the West Course. Was seventh in 2007, tied third in 2008, tied second in 2010 and first in 2011.
• Extends his wonderful record on the 2011 European Tour. In his five events so far this season, he won the WGC - Accenture Match Play Championship, tied sixth in the WGC - Cadillac Championship, tied fourth at the Masters Tournament, second in the Volvo World Match Play Championship and won the BMW PGA Championship.
• Becomes the 44th different player to win the BMW PGA Championship.
• Becomes the 22nd Englishman to win the championship since the event began in 1955.
• The third of his four European Tour stroke play titles he has won when leading or sharing the lead after 54 holes. Led at the 2004 Scandinavian Masters by Carlsberg, 2010 Madrid Masters and 2011 BMW PGA Championship.
• His earnings per event on the 2011 European Tour stands at €335.615 from his five events.
• Sixth English victory of the 2011 season. They are: Paul Casey (Volvo Golf Champions), Luke Donald (WGC - Accenture Match Play Championship and BMW PGA Championship), David Horsey (Trophée Hassan II), Lee Westwood (Ballantine's Championship) and Ian Poulter (Volvo World Match Play Championship).
• The 263rd English victory in European Tour history.
• Moves over €10 million in European Tour Official Career Earnings.
• Extends his European Tour exemption until the end of 2016.
• His ninth win as a professional worldwide.