SUNDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2011 – BARCLAYS SINGAPORE OPEN
• His fifth European Tour International Schedule victory in his 177th European Tour event.
• Moves to €1,066,451 in The Race to Dubai. This would be the second time in his European Tour career he has won more than €1 million in a single European Tour season. He first achieved the feat in 2009.
• His first European Tour victory since the 2008 British Masters. A gap of three years and 46 days.
• In that time has played 71 European Tour events between victories.
• Has now won all his five titles in five different countries. They are: The Netherlands (2005 KLM Open); China (2006 BMW Asian Open); Italy (2007 Italian Open); England (2008 British Masters) and Singapore (2011 Barclays Singapore Open).
• Since his win at the 2008 British Masters he has been second six times. In 2009 they were: the Estoril Open de Portugal, Volvo China Open, Ballantine’s Championship and Barclays Scottish Open. In 2010 at the Portugal Masters and in 2011 at the Castelló Masters.
• Continues his wonderful recent form. In his last three events he was second in the Castelló Masters, tied 12th in the Andalucía Masters and first in the Barclays Singapore Open.
• From these three events has won a total of €991,696.
• Becomes the first player from Spain to win the Barclays Singapore Open.
• Wins is in a play-off. Now won his last four European Tour events, all coming via extra holes.
• The third victory for Spain in the last four European Tour events, with Sergio Garcia (Castelló Masters and Andalucía Masters) and Gonzalo Fernandez-Castaño (Barclays Singapore Open).
• The 162nd Spanish victory on The European Tour.
• The sixth Spanish victory of the 2011 season. They are: Pablo Martin (Alfred Dunhill Championship, Alvaro Quiros (Omega Dubai Desert Classic), Pablo Larrazabal (BMW International Open), Sergio Garcia (Castelló Masters and Andalucía Masters) and Gonzalo Fernandez-Castaño (Barclays Singapore Open).
• Moves over €5 million in European Tour Official Career Earnings.
• Gains his largest European Tour prize of €720,876.
• Gains a European Tour exemption until the end of the 2013 season.