• Began the day four shots behind the leader. This victory marked the fifth time in six years of the Portugal Masters a player has made up a final round deficit to win.
• The first player from the Irish Republic to win on The European Tour in 2012.
• The first victory by a player from the Irish Republic on The European Tour since Lowry in 2009 at the Irish Open.
• The 47th win by a player from the Irish Republic on The European Tour.
• Gained his largest European Tour prize of €375,000.
• Moved over €2 million in European Tour Official Career Earnings.
• Gained a European Tour exemption until the end of 2014
• Gained an exemption into the 2012 WGC – HSBC Champions and 2013 Volvo Golf Champions.