SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 8, 2013 - OMEGA EUROPEAN MASTERS
- His 14th European Tour International Schedule victory in his 417th European Tour event.
- Moves to €1,058,313 in The Race to Dubai. The eighth time he has passed €1 million in a single European Tour season during his career.
- Moves back into the top 45 in the Official World Golf Ranking from 66th.
- His first European Tour victory since the 2011 Omega European Masters. This is a gap of two years and four days.
- Played 47 European Tour events between victories.
- This victory beats his previous best 2013 performances of second in the Lyoness Open powered by Greenfinity and BMW International Open.
- To highlight his consistency since his last win here in 2011, of the 47 events he has played in, he has amassed 14 top ten finishes.
- His second victory in the Omega European Masters, following his triumph in 2011.
- The second event he has won twice, the other being the BMW International Open in 2000 and 2002.
- Victory number two comes in his 13th appearance in the Omega European Masters.
- He has one of the best records of current players in the Omega European Masters. From his 13th appearances has now on twice, in 2011 and 2013. Apart from his victories, he was second in both 1999 and 2000 and seventh in 1996).
- The fifth player to record multiple victories in the Omega European Masters since the event became part of The European Tour in 1972. They are: Seve Ballesteros (1977-78, 89), Hugh Baiocchi (1973, 79), Manuel Piñero (1976, 81), Eduardo Romero (1994, 2000) and Thomas Björn (2011, 13).