SUNDAY APRIL 10, 2016 - THE MASTERS TOURNAMENT
• His fifth European Tour International Schedule victory in his 197th European Tour event.
• Moves to ninth in the Official World Golf Ranking, from 12th.
• His second European Tour victory of the 2016 season, following the Omega Dubai Desert Classic.
• Becomes the second multiple winner of the 2016 season, following Charl Schwartzel (Alfred Dunhill Championship and Tshwane Open).
• Claims multiple European Tour victories for the second consecutive season. In 2015 he won the Nedbank Golf Challenge and Omega European Masters.
• His first Major Championship victory in his 12th Major Championship appearance.
• This victory beats his previous best Major Championship performance of tied sixth in The Open Championship in 2015.
• His victory comes in his second appearance in the Masters Tournament.
• This victory beats his previous best finish in the Masters Tournament of tied 38th in 2015.
• Like 2015 champion, Jordan Spieth, won the Green Jacket in his second appearance. In recent years Charl Schwartzel won in 2011 on his second attempt. Jimmy Demerat in 1940 and Herman Keiser in 1946 also won on his second outing.
• Becomes the first European to win the Masters Tournament since José María Olazábal in 1999.
• Becomes the first English player to win the Masters Tournament since Sir Nick Faldo won his last Green Jacket in 1996, 20 years ago.
• Becomes the seventh different European to win the Masters Tournament. He follows Seve Ballesteros (1980 and 1983), Bernhard Langer (1985 and 1993), Sandy Lyle (1988), Sir Nick Faldo (1989, 1990 and 1996), Ian Woosnam (1991) and José María Olazábal (1994 and 1999).
• Becomes the 12th European victory at Augusta.
• Becomes the 16th victory in the Masters Tournament by a European Tour Member.
Becomes the first Englishman to win a Major Championship since Justin Rose won the 2013 U.S. Open Championship
Becomes just the third English European Tour Member to win a Major Championship, following Sir Nick Faldo and Justin Rose.
• Becomes the 50th Major Championship victory by a European Tour Member since 1979.
• Becomes the 24th different European Tour Member to win a Major Championship since 1979.
• Becomes the 50th different winner in the history of the Masters Tournament.
• Becomes the 14th non- American to win the Masters Tournament.
• The 303rd English victory in European Tour history.
• The second English victory of the 2016 season. Danny Willett has won them both (Omega Dubai Desert Classic and Masters Tournament).
• His five European Tour victories have come in five different destinations. They are: Germany (2012 BMW International Open), South Africa (2015 Nedbank Golf Challenge), Switzerland (2015 Omega European Masters, United Arab Emirates (2016 Omega Dubai Desert Classic) and now America (2016 Masters Tournament).
• Is the second consecutive first-time Major winner, following Jason Day (2015 US PGA Championship).
• Is the second consecutive first-time Major winner at Augusta following Jordan Spieth in 2015.
• His final round of 67 was the equal best of the day.
• His final round of 67 is the lowest final round by a winner since Charl Schwartzel in 2011, he shot a 66.
• The fifth player to make up a final round deficit to win on The European Tour in 2016.
His three shot final round deficit equals the largest on The European Tour so far this season.
• Extends his European Tour exemption until the end of 2023.
Gains his largest European Tour prize of €,573,839.
• Gains a lifetime exemption into the Masters Tournament.
• Gains a five year exemption into the U.S. Open Championship, Open Championship and US PGA Championship.
• Gains his fifth victory as a professional.