SUNDAY APRIL 15, 2018 OPEN DE ESPAÑA
• His third European Tour win in his 19th appearance
• Playing in just his 19th official European Tour event, Rahm is the quickest player to win his first three events since Jeunghun Wang at the 2017 Commercial Bank Qatar Masters, who took 29 official events. The quickest to win their first three official events was Tom Watson, who won his in eight appearances, followed by Tiger Woods with 12, and now Rahm with 19.
• His last European Tour victory came at the season ending DP World Tour Championship, Dubai (2017), becoming the first player to win multiple Rolex Series events following his win at the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open Hosted by the Rory Foundation (2017).
• He remains fourth in the Official World Golf Ranking.
• Moves inside the top five in the Race to Dubai Rankings presented by Rolex, up from 11th.
• The first European Tour win from a player from Spain this season and the 182nd overall.
• Victory comes on his debut at his home Open and he becomes the sixth Spaniard to win the Open de España since the event joined the European Tour International Schedule in 1972. The other five are: Antonio Garrido (1972), Seve Ballesteros (1981, 1985, 1995), Sergio Garcia (2002), Alvaro Quiros (2010), and Miguel Ángel Jiménez (2014).
• His first victory as a professional in Spain, following on from his seven national championship victories as an amateur in 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2015.